Re: Gnome Notification area problem

Hallo,

2007/5/17, Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>:
Jacques A wrote:
> Actually when I choose to add the Openoffice menu to the notification area,
> when I use it once (say to create or open a doc file) the  menu option to

You mean the quickstarter in the systray?

I mean when you choose Tools|Options then Memory subnode of OpenOffice.org node. At the bottom of this page, section Quickstart (sorry I try to guess out of a french version), there is a checkbox concerning the activation of the quickstart menu in the notification area.
This, when I check it, activates the menu, but when I exit gnome session and login again the icon has gone from the notification area, and I need to re do the same to reactivate.

I remember that with OOo 2.1 there was no problem.

> quit the menu is greyed. And, also, when I close the session and come back
> to gnome, the icon has disappeared from the notification area.
>
> This problem arose since Openoffice 2.2
>
> So I report it. The bug is easily reproducible.

Not here. Works for me. I've choosen Text Document two tmes and quitting
the quickstarter was possible (sid, 2.2.0-7)

Try to log out and in and see if the menu still comes back.

Grüße/Regards,

Viele  Grüße,

René

Jacques Abada

--
.''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
`. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73