greek letters in Math

Hello,

I am posting to this list because I think this problem concerns only the latest update. In any case, there was no problem until a few days ago.

I am having trouble with greek letters in math formulas in openoffice. I am using version 2.0.4 in Debian Etch. More precisely openoffice.org-core 2.0.4.dfsg.2-5 Thu Feb 15 13:09:47 UTC 2007

I am making a presentation containing some formulas with greek letters. I entered them by typing %mu, %varepsilon...  They displayed correctly, and there was no problem.
The other day I wanted to modify the formulas. I open the odp file, and the greek letters appear correctly. However, as soon as I double click on any formula, the greek letter mu is replaced by the latin letters "mu" and there is no way to make the greek letter reappear, even though in the code in the lower part of the screen nothing is changed, namely, I have %mu .... It seems almost like the % symbol is being ignored... but only if I open the formula, and even if I change nothing. This does not seem to affect all greek letters. For example %varepsilon and %gamma do not have this behavior. Mu and theta do, however.

If i open the same file in openoffice in windows, all the mu's appear as latin letters "mu" until I open the formula. As soon as I open a formula the greek letter is displayed correctly. So basically all I need to do is to open all the formulas, without changing anything, and everything is displayed correctly. however, I cannot use the windows version of openoffice for another reason: it does not display eps figures at all, not even if I export in pdf. The linux version does this, which is a great relief, since all my figures are in eps and I cannot convert them without losing quality.

I am not subscribed to please CC me. Thank you.

--
Alexandru Cabuz
Doctoral Student

--- Please no Word or Powerpoint attachments.
Send plain text, rich text format, html, or pdf instead.