Re: openoffice.org-gtk-gnome and SCIM

Hello, Martin!

Thank you for your time.

Did you try with a Japanese locale? My scim installation is broken at
the moment, can't test.

I didn't yet. I will let you know if I do.

Maybe setting GTK_IM_MODULE=scim helps. But I doubt that.

I doubt it too. It is already set. :-)

If I uninstall openoffice.org-gtk-gnome, then everything works.

Yes, input method support is better with the generic X11 UI.

Good to know that you know.
I am not really tring to solve my own problem. I just thought you would like to know about this. It could be an easy fixed bug, I don't know.
If it is already a kind of work in progress, then I am already happy.

If you don't need scim constantly, you can set the environment variable
"OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP" to "none" before starting OOo to force the generic
X11 user interface.

Thanks for the tip. But I write almost exclusively in Japanese.

The next version will have better input method support, even with the
gnome look and feel. But I think even that works best (only?) with a
CJK-locale. And IIRC scim support in OOo is not as good as UIM or XIM
support.

Then I would have to have all those ugly characteres poluting my menus and stuff? ;-)

Keep up the good job. (osewa ni narimashita)

Andre Caldas.