Re: openoffice.org-gtk-gnome and SCIM

Hi Andre,

Andre Caldas schrieb:
> When I install the package openoffice.org-gtk-gnome the SCIM input
> method does not work.
>
> I am using debian testing. GNOME, of course. :-)
> Also, my locales are set to en_US.UTF-8. I was trying to input in Japanese.

Did you try with a Japanese locale? My scim installation is broken at
the moment, can't test.

Maybe setting GTK_IM_MODULE=scim helps. But I doubt that.

> If I uninstall openoffice.org-gtk-gnome, then everything works.

Yes, input method support is better with the generic X11 UI.

If you don't need scim constantly, you can set the environment variable
"OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP" to "none" before starting OOo to force the generic
X11 user interface.

The next version will have better input method support, even with the
gnome look and feel. But I think even that works best (only?) with a
CJK-locale. And IIRC scim support in OOo is not as good as UIM or XIM
support.

HTH,

Martin