Re: I've tested ooo2 1.9.108-1 for you

Hi,

Rene Engelhard wrote:
> > 2) OOo2 is bringing kaffe to run by default, and is *dog sloooow* with
> > it on my PC at least. Using Blackdown JRE 1.4.2 makes it like 10x
> > faster.
>
> It just takes kaffe with it because some of the dependencies (libraries,
> IMHO they should NOT depend on a JVM..) take it with them.
> AFAIS it won't work. If you want a free JDK, install java-gcj-compat and
> use gcj 4.0

s/gcj/gij/. And I forgot to mention that is is dog slow also since gij
apparently has no JIT Compiler. Everything is interpreted *unless* you
do native compilation to jar.sos and tell it where those are. This is
a gcj-only feature but badly needed. I built a -jars-native deb for m113
but some change in java-gcj-compat or gcc-4.0 does make it not work
anymore :/

Grüße/Regards,

Rene
--
 .''`.  Rene Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73