OOWriter under Debian, need help with embedded JPEG images

I am attempting to use OOWriter to open and edit a Word document that
contains a small JPEG image. When the page display comes up in a box
where the picture should be. It tells me exactly what is wrong, but I
don't know what to do. It says:

QuickTime and a Photo-JPEG decompressor are needed to see this picture.

So, I'm pretty sure I need to install a package that was not called out
as a dependency on the OpenOffice package, but what package?

Please help.
I'm not subscribed to this list, so please CC me.
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net