Re: Openoffice 2 questions.

Hi,

Am Montag, 31. Oktober 2005 14:20 schrieb John McMonagle:
> Running sarge on our ltsp servers and looking into what it will take to
> get openoffice.org2 installed.
> I'm assuming at this point I'll need to build packages.

Or wait for a backport...

> Assume I'll need to pull gcc4 as needed from testing  to build ind run.

Yes. Or you build with Sun/Blackdown java which I do for the backport because
I don't want to backport gcc4. The Packaging stuff isn't yet backport-ready,
though, I am just working on that.

> Tried  "apt-get -t unstable  install openoffice.org" to see what it
> would  happen.
> It wanted to remove the openoffice 1.1.3.  I need both installed.
> I'm hoping this is a sarge/unstable dependency problem.
> Can  both versions be installed?

No. It can be with openoffice.org2 but that's beta2 and it is unmaintained
now.

As the package names are the same and 2.0.0 got uploaded as just a new version
of "openoffice.org" (without the 2) it will overwrite 1.1.3.

(The official sarge backport will too...)

> Next is java.
> Do the debian packages have full java support?
> Browsing through the packages I suspect they are but it would be nice to
> know before I start.

Yes. As they are built with gcj it should work.

Regards,

Rene
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73