Re: Dictionary patches

Hi,

Am Montag, 20. Juni 2005 10:53 schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> I have a patch for the openoffice.org-dictionaries-20030813 package to
> add an en_NZ dictionary to it.
>
> I also have a patch to it which makes it build a thesaurus "package"
> allowing the en_US thesaurus to be used in the en_NZ locale.  I think it
> would be a good idea to have a package like this for every en_ locale
> that (a) does have a dictionary and (b) doesn't have a properly
> localised thesaurus.

hmm then add en NZ to the dictioonary.lst entry to en-us ane be fine. If I
read correctly, -en-nz would be identical to -en-us so it'd be a waste.

> Although these patches are both pretty trivial, the first one at least
> is fairly large because it includes the actual en_NZ dictionary (280k
> bzipped).
>
> Does anyone want this?

Yeah, you can send it along, I'll take a look.

> Do the OpenOffice.org2 builds use the same dictionaries and thesauruses?

dictionaries, yes. Thesauri: no.

> Would you like me to add do this for some other dictionaries, and
> perhaps even some more you-can-use-the-thesaurus packages as above?

If they can build from a other source package with free tools (thescoder for
the OOo1 ones, I won't accept packaging of only the two binary .dat/.idx
files) it'd be ice if it was a extra source package. Same with OOo2
and ./th_gen_idx.pl (in this case, .dat is a text file)

Regards,

Rene
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73