Re: Modification of the spell checker

Hi Jan,

yesterday, you wrote:

> I decide to solve this problem and I got it by using Metric Access
> Methods which are suitable for similarity information retrieval.

Could you elaborate? Do you have a specific query method in mind?

> Our method is quite better than the existing one proposed by OpenOffice
> and it presents a logarithmic time to retrieve the similar words. Right
> now, we would like to contribute and add this data structure to the open
> office but I do not have idea about the structure of OO code. May you
> help me to do that?.

I'm only vaguely familiar with the spell checker internals, but AFAIK, OOo
itself is rather agnostic about the exact algorithm used to come up with
similar words - that's an implementation detail of the checker engine
used. For OOo, that would be aspell, for SO, one out of several commercial
products.

Note: your question might reach a wider audience on the OOo developer
lists (dev@lingucomponent.openoffice.org and dev@sw.openoffice.org, for
that matter).

HTH,

--

Thorsten

If you're not failing some of the time, you're not trying hard enough.