Re: Java and OpenOffice.org

Hi Rene and others,

I truly concur. I find it increasingly worrying that Sun to some extent
considers Java to be okay for a Free office-suite. I also spot the commercial
interest that Sun might have, and I think that this makes OOo less optimal
for the Free Software community --  including Debian, whose packaging policy
demands the software to be Free.
I feel, that OOo should not compromise on their being Free, no matter what
their sponsors are.
Sun, on the other hand, should release their JVM to the public under Free
Software-acceptable terms. Under a GPL-compatible license, that is.

Why not become a member of the Free Software world, instead of just embracing
it? It worked for Netscape, wo why not Sun?

I wouldn't want this to be an official statement -- just an opinion from one
of the users.
Regards, Anders Breindahl.

P. S.: Bruce, would you post a link to me, when you're done with your article?