Re: OOo 2.0 rc, and current status

Rene Engelhard wrote:

Hi,

David A. Cobb wrote:
I only discovered the page and the working group by way of the "back-door." That is, through the OpenOffice.org page on Installing for Linux. As it is, I would not have read that except for the 2.0 _beta_ announcement -- I already had both a 1.1.2, and a "1.9.79" installation working.

Err? If you already have a Debian installation with the openoffice.org
package you already *have* our packages.
Well, the "1.9.79" was created by downloading the RPM's from OO.org and pushing them through alien.

Are we speaking of the Debian OOo page, here? Or the OO.org "Linux" page? Either way, with a 'last updated' date prominently displayed, a

I'd guess both.
I've already filed an issue with OO.org about the link. I'll look into doing a bit more there.

. . . once sarge is there.
I do NOT want to re-kindle /that/ discussion!

Get the site from Debian CVS and send patches? :)

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-openoffice co
openoffice.debian.net
Thanks.  I'll look at it.

Grüße/Regards,

René
m f G,

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace, I am a Christian man; by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim: R.French, Tr.