Re: OOImpress unusable : Please Do something about #273298 #273335

Hi,

Eric Valette wrote:
> >Those two bugs were reported only 6 days ago. What the hell do you
> >think?
>
> That it is surprising to not even hear a single word especially if this
> version of the package is going to enter sarge anytime soon. Other on
> the list have confirmed the problems and yes they apperaed after de last
> package upgrade.
>
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2004/09/msg00169.html>

I sometimes do not to reply to obvious bugs as long/until as there are no
questions or testing of possible fixes necessary. This is not because I don't
care but simly the time is limited.
In this case, I just was not online when those bugs and the seconds arrived and
they are back in the hughe mailbox, so.... And Chris -- as I wrote
already -- is on dialup. Did you even read what I wrote?

Again: we *two* OOo packagers are busy and at the moment just don't have much
free time (again: Debian developers do everything in their free time...) to
react on bugreports immediately or even catch up on the existing ones....

> >First step would be to find out when *exactly* those problems started to
> >appear, whether it is only a Debian problem (I guess that.. :/ ) or in
> >"normal" OOo tar.gz, too, what you did *exactly* (which packages were
> >upgraded before
> >etc.) to get that effect etc....
>
> If you read the september mailing list, you will see that others have
> confirmed the same problem. I have it on my personnal two machines and

I have a hughe mail backlog. I just got having net at home 2 days ago
after moving and thefore catching up... And "Me-too" statements also
belong to the category of the mails I don't see much sense replying to
unless there are questions or fixes to test.

> yes Ilpress is _unusable_ except for displaying existing présentation.

No. There is color (and just color) formatting bugs and for the "normal"
formatting you still could use the buttons. I agree that this is a really
annoying bug and this somehow needs to be fixed but it does not render
_the whole application_ unusable which is the definition of grave.

> >I just tried it, I can reproduce those bugs....
>
> It stopped working after last upgrade : [2004-09-19] Accepted
> openoffice.org 1.1.2-4 (i386 source all).
>
> I wrote the slide for a conf using the -3 version without problem...

That is the interesting part. 1.1.2-4 just contained a security fix and
some fixes for printing. Hmm. Maybe that broke it... But I currently
don't have an idea why...

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73