Re: Test Java plugin for sid packages available for download

Hi folks,

Hi,

For those who are brave - or desperate - enough to want to try out OOo
with Java support enabled, here's a package that you can install:

http://people.debian.org/~halls/openoffice/test/openoffice.org-java_1.1.2-2+java_i386.deb

I've installed this version before and now also the version available from apt-sources...
I'm running OOo 1.1.2 on a debian testing 2.4
apt-sources:
ftp.at.debian.org
ftp.de.debian.org
non-us.debian.org
security.debian.org

The question is, did I find all of the files that
need replacing yet?

I'm missing:

<$OfficePath>/program/classes: officebean.jar
<$OfficePath>/program: libofficebean.so

All of the *.properties files in :
<$OfficePath>/share/registry/res/de/org/openoffice,
<$OfficePath>/share/registry/res/de/org/openoffice/Office und
<$OfficePath>/share/registry/res/de/org/openoffice/ucb

The other files found with:
diff -qr <$OOo1.1.1> <$OOo1.1.2>
seems not important to me.

The first two files _are_ important because they are needed to
access a OOo instance through the Office JavaBean.
The others point on some javainfluency cause of the typically
java-properties-files ending but never got used by me in a active way :)

I'd like to hear feedback about how much of the Java support now works,

I can access OOo with Java over UNO, but the Office JavaBean crashes with an error telling that libofficebean.so couldn't been found.

Greetings
Markus