Re: Announcing: PPC Linux Version of OpenOffice.org 1.1.1

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 06:52, Jason E. Stewart wrote:
> If we use the debian packages, can these facilities be added in later?
> Or is it too late because they have been compiled out of the code?

Jason, I'm afraid not.  To enable support for these features we have to
build the packages using a JDK, but there are no suitable JDKs in main
and the resulting packages would not be allowed into Debian main.

The package source itself still has an 'enable-java' mode, although it
wasn't working in 1.1.0 due to the new system libdb patches.  I think
Rene might have fixed some of that already, but we don't really have
time to work on this before the Sarge release, because there are many
other areas that need work.  If anyone wants to have a go at getting it
working, I'd be happy to incorporate any fixes into the packaging.  To
build with Java, you need to pass 'jdkhome=/path/to/your/jdk' in
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS.