Bug#234044: openoffice.org-bin: Segmentation fault
- To: Peter Luciak <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#234044: openoffice.org-bin: Segmentation fault
- From: Chris Halls <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:28:18 +0100
- Message-id: <1077535698.1518.96.camel@feathers>
- Reply-to: Chris Halls <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20040222160153.GA4029@avalon>
- References: <20040221143945.GA1974@avalon> <1077452114.4610.3.camel@localhost> <20040222160153.GA4029@avalon>
On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 17:01, Peter Luciak wrote:
> Setting LANG/LC_ALL to en_US or C doesn't make any difference.
> Here's the backtrace:
> Core was generated by `/usr/lib/openoffice/program/setup.bin -R:/etc/openoffice/autoresponse.conf'.
> Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
> #0 0x4000a0a8 in ?? ()
> (no debugging symbols found)...(gdb) #0 0x4000a0a8 in ?? ()
> #1 0x41009f1c in ?? ()
Oh :( That dosen't tell us much unfortunately. What about the section
that describes crashes caused by truetype fonts?
> I have a Nvidia card (with latest drivers) -- never experienced any
> problems before, though.
There is also a section that mentions known problems caused by Nvidia
cards. Please confirm that this is not a problem with your X driver.
You could try starting OOo on a remote display that does not have an
nvidia driver, or temporarily using another driver such as the VESA
driver, or the X nv driver.