Re: libmspack's debian/

Hi,

Stuart Caie wrote:
> I do not yet consider libmspack ready for use as a shared UNIX library,
> as there is still significant design work to complete before committing
> to a versioned ABI. Thus I have not tried to submit it to Debian or any
> Debian developers.

Well, that's why there's only a static library, sure. The name still
is libmspack-dev which contains libmspack.a and not libmspackX package
with the shared library.

> The Debian rules were provided by Herdsoft for their own deb/apt
> private packaging.

ah.

> Usage of libmspack in OpenOffice would be internal, rather than as a
> library dependancy. As long as the legal requirements of the LGPL are
> respected, and the library API in mspack.h is used rather than direct
> linking to internal functions, I have no problem with embedding
> libmspack in other software.

Well, Kevin told that already, thanks for your reply anyway.
So I/we don't need to care about Debian packaging etc. for now AFAIS.

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73