Re: [Dict-common-dev] MySpell hyphenation patterns

Rene Engelhard wrote:
Ih have patches for ifrench / ifrench-gut ready to build the
dictionaries from the ispell ones directly which was how the zip was
created anyhow. This was possible only now that we have alibmyspell-dev
in unstable which incidentially contains a script which was made for
converting ifrench-gut :-)

Just for info, some time ago I was playing to write an aff converter and put it at

http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/linux/store/ispell2myspell

It is a bit naive and somewhat unfinished perl script, but seems to work and do what is expected from it, including hardcoded support for latin1, latin2 and latin3 lc/uc conversion (it can also rely on locales for this, but this might result in problems if the right locale is not installed), as well as optional flag split into chunks for flags having too many entries. It currently allows only alphabetic flags and also requires an external header file with the myspell header, something like

SET ISO8859-1
# TRY
TRY aersoinltcdmubpágízfvhéjqóñxyúükCMAIESPGJBRFTDVHUOwLKNZÁYXÜÓÚÉÑQWÍ

It only deals with aff conversion, for the dict I hope something like

( echo `cat galician.words | wc -l`; cat galician.words ) > galician.dict

to do the right thing, with .words being the munched wordlist

I wrote it some time ago and was waiting to take a look at other similar scripts flying around to try improving it, and eventually put it or other similar script at dictionariers-common-dev package, but never had the time for that. At some time I would like to add the possibility of some non alphabetic flags to work with norwegian dicts, but cannot promise.

Feel free to play with it

Cheers,

--
Agustin