Re: Can't save or open files

Chris Halls wrote:
On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 02:02:35PM +0100, Michael Borko wrote:

Starting configuration import into user data ..
.. importing layer file:///tmp/oooLocale.XXXXf8RL7W - succeeded
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin: relocation error: /usr/lib/openoffice/p rogram/libsot645li.so: undefined symbol: StorageFileERK6StriZN10UCBSgER10ByteString

This looks like a problem with the dynamic linker perhaps.  I don't
think it is a real missing symbol problem because it would be repeatable
on other machines.  I don't have a definite answer for how to help you
out, but here are some suggestions for things to try that have helped
solve similar types of problems in the past:

- Remove any prelinking.  You can do this for OOo with 'oooprelink -u'.
- Try a different libc6 package version / reinstalling libc6.
- Reinstall openoffice.org-bin, if you haven't tried already.
- Try 'LD_BIND_NOW=1 openoffice' - that might work around a dynamic
  loader problem
- Make sure you are not using any odd libraries in LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
  LD_PRELOAD.
- Create a new user and try starting OOo from there (I think its
  unlikely to help in this case though)

Hope something helps,
Chris

Hi!

It was the linker! Whank you very much for yoour help! Now it works!

Mike