Re: How to build external module packages?

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 09:23:09PM +0200, Jarno Elonen wrote:
> As I understand it, there are no dev-packages per se; you have to build part
> of the OOo package to get a building environment under which you can then
> build the modules.
>
> Should debian/rules ask for OOo source directory (or even apt-get it) or what
> what would you recommend?

Well, in the long term we need to look at splitting things up a little and
generating some dev packages, but I'm unhappy doing this until the dmake
tempfile vulnerability is fixed and I can upload a standalone dmake.  Ken
has started work on the fix so I hope it won't be too long.  However, it'll
take a while to get the split done etc., so I guess you're looking for a
solution that would work with the current packages, too.  Probably the
easiest thing to do is to supply a path to the source packages through
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS - have a look at how the main packages use jdkhome= to get
the JDK path if supplied.  Maybe you can use a similar option.

What exactly do you need from the packages?  If you say what you are using
I'll try and consider it when prioritising the split.