Re: fwd: Re: [porting-dev] 644 issues

* Chris Halls <halls@debian.org> [030213 08:43]:
> Good news folks.  I just noticed this on the upstream mailing list.
> This is bringing some of the OOo shared library names in line with the
> <libraryname>.so.<version> naming convention found in /usr/lib.

Retains the problem, that most names are quite generic. (libstore e.g.
might create problems when finaly ported to Hurd, I think, and things
like this).

>From what I've seen most libraries are dynamically load anyway. (And
I think can not linked in at compile time). This might help to get
OO.o finally in the normal Namespace (i.e. get rid of any
LD_LIBRARY_PATH-hacks), by patching the loader. (did work at least
in my udk-via-automake-experiments as far as I could see).

And most of the basic libraries dynamically linked in at compile time,
are those that could cause problems by their generic names (like
libstore and libreg)

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will he ever receive either. (Benjamin Franklin)