Re: Automating dictionary.lst? (Was: Re: openoffice.org-spellcheck-fr-fr in 1.0.2 don't work)

Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:
Hi,
Just a note as to why dictionary.lst is present and not just looking in the directory to see what .aff files exist....

The reason is people might want to register a dictioanry built for one locale under another (ex: en_GB for Austrailia, th_en_US under en_GB, latin under en_US, etc.).

So alothough you could autodetect the .aff/.dic pairs in a directory, you would not know which locales the user would like those to be registered under.

My 2 cents..

Thanks for the clarification, Kevin. So that is the reason why dictionary.lst is declared as a conffile. I was surprised at an upgrade since I was queried about it without having changed nothing there manually.

I still would find better having that file just for user customizations and overrides after a first cut for the values being obtained from the .aff/.dic pairs. Thus, the contents of dictionary.lst would override any autodetected value. But I am surely missing something again...

Cheers,

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html