Ximian patches integration in RC3

Hi guys, as I told some weeks ago, I've been working on integration of
some of the Ximian patches into the Debian packages for OOo. As Chris
told me, no more patches were to enter to RC2, if it gets out some day,
but to RC3 it was (still) possible.

Meanwhile, I've run into some problems for building the whole OOo, but
now that I've understood from my errors, I should not lose so much time
to do it again.

For those who may be interested in packages for Woody, use this
sources.list line:
deb http://apt.bxlug.be ooo/
Be aware though that they have been almost not tested at all, and have
been compiled with GCC 3.0 from Woody.
Currently, I've applied the following patches from Ximian:
- bmp32.diff
- icon-render.diff
- thread-yield.diff
- deliver-compare.diff
- path-home-documents.diff

I applied some patches but have a few questions:
- how to give a name/a number to the patches? I've started using
debian/patches/9xx_ximian-* naming scheme. Is it ok?
- how to test with RC2/RC3?
- how to submit them to you?

I also would like to discuss with you about what is "including
unnecessary dependencies into the packages". Most Ximian patches are
about GNOME integration, but not all of them, and as they took care also
to respect freedesktop.org guidelines, they are often useful for KDE
too. I may be wrong though, so I would like to talk to someone
knowledgeable about the KDE part.
Particularly, the "recent-files.diff" is problematic for me. I find it
useful, but I'm not sure it will play well with KDE.

Some of those patches are nothing related with GTK or GNOME, or nothing.
Those are particularly easy to integrate, and I think they should be
integrated into "our" packages.

Well, there's still much to discuss about integrating some patches or
not, and I cannot decide alone.

--
Jérôme Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net>