Re: Building spellcheck packages

Hi,

> 1. What is the de facto standart spellchecker package now? What package

eh? how do you mean that?

> source should I look into? What name shall I choose?
> (openoffice.org-spellcheck-lv or myspell-lv)

myspell-lv.

The exact requirements sre described in the Debian Spelling Dictionaries and
Tools
Policy (http://dict-common.alioth.debian.org).
Alrhough there is a cersion in the pipe making some important additions wrt
the OpenOffice.org woody backport, so please wait... (see below)

I'll announce the new policy soon with a link where a template can be got.
openoffice.org-dictionaries containing myspell-* is uploaded too so
when that enters sid you will see what to do too (wait for -2, -1 has
some symlinks missing....).

Regards,

Rene