Re: Catalan l10n

Hi Josep,

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 06:50:29PM +0200, Josep Monés i Teixidor wrote:
> I've been trying to build catalan l10n packages for openoffice, but now
> I'm stuck and I hope someone experienced (i have no experience with ooo
> packages) will see what's happening to me...
>
> I've done the following:
> * I've downloaded 1.1 source packages (1.1beta1.prebeta2-1 version)
> * I've checked sources (following guidelines in
> http://l10n.openoffice.org/adding_language.html) to see if sources are
> prepared. Everything seems to be there already.
> * There are also catalan strings in the sources (I've asked translators
> to see if sources are up to date but I've got no response yet).
> * I've added to debian/local/openoffice-xlate-lang the following line:
> 37:ca:Catalan
> * debuild
>
> But when making langpacks target in debian/rules, catalan langpack fails
> because build-tree/oo_1.1beta1.prebeta2_src/instsetoo/unxlngi4.pro/37 is
> missing.

You will see that error if the language is not included in the list of
langauges to be built in config_office/set_soenv.in:

my @LANGUAGES = ("ARAB", "CHINSIM", "CHINTRAD", "CZECH", "DAN", "DTCH", "ENUS", "FREN", "GREEK", "ITAL",
"JAPN", "KOREAN", "POL", "PORT", "RUSS", "SLOVAK", "SPAN", "SWED", "TURK" );

Try adding "CAT" to the list, remove debian/stampdir/configure and restart
the build.  You can avoid building everything again by using the -nc switch
with dpkg-buildpackage/debuild.

If that works, you will need to create a patch for the change in
debian/patches, and also file an issue upstream asking for it to be added to
the official verion.