Re: OpenOffice for IA64

Hi ..

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 03:35:53PM +0200, Kenneth Geisshirt wrote:
>One of my customers is a university and my task is to setup a small IA64
>based cluster. The idea is that the students (and professors) can access
>the front end from a thin client (pc running Linux -> X-terminal). Of
>course the cluster is running Debian (woody).
>
>I would like to install OpenOffice, but according to your website that
>you're only supporting i386, powerpc and s390. Is there any way that I can
>obtain an ia64 version? Would it help if you got access to an ia64
>machine?

there is running build for 64bit systems like IA64. I know, there are
some people working on it. But I do not know the state atm?
Is there one from the OOo people, who can say, what the state is?

Kenneth, http://porting.openoffice.org will be a start for look, too. :)

		Regards
			Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..