Re: rebuilding openoffice.org

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 11:10:59AM +0100, Wouter Hanegraaff wrote:
> Initializing installation program..........
> /bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libfakeroot.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> make: *** [debian/stampdir/setup] Error 127
>
> I suspect that this is caused by using fakeroot during building. Usually,
> what i do when backporting packages is:
> debian/rules build
> fakeroot debian/rules binary
>
> However, for openoffice.org debian/rules build does nothing, and as a
> consequence the whole build process runs inside fakeroot.

'debian/rules build' should not do nothing in the current version, but it
will do nothing if you already built OOo.

> Right now I'm running debian/rules buildall, hoping that after building
> I can safely use fakeroot to create the packages.

I have also encountered this problem, and Adrian Bunk has reported it too.
We both found that running debian/rules binary as root will work around the
problem; it seems to be a problem with fakeroot on Woody, but no-one has
investigated it.

> So, what is the best way to build openoffice.org packages in woody?

debian/rules build  (or buildall if you are using an older version)
sudo debian/rules binary