Re: GPC files not found!

HC> I downloaded the Openoffice 1.0.2 tarball over the weekend.  The
HC> configure step quickly comes to a screeching halt with the message
HC> "GPC files not found."  I did an "apt-cache search gpc" and gpc
HC> has to mean either "Gnu Pascal compiler" or "general polygon
HC> clipper."  I installed all the packages, even the ones that were
HC> *not* development packages.  I still get the same error message.

JHP> apt-cache search gpc gives me:
JHP> libgpcl-dev - A general polygon clipper library -- development
JHP> package libgpcl0 - A general polygon clipper library
JHP>
JHP> But first, we are working for 1.0.2 as a debian-package, and
JHP> second, look to www.linux-debian.de/openoffice and look for patch
JHP> 020_remove_gpc.diff, which will remove the dependency.
JHP> gpc is nonfree software, so we will not ship it with
JHP> OpenOffice.org.

Jan-Hendrik Palic advised me off-list that the easiest way to resolve
this problem is to install the Debian packages libgpcl-dev and
libgpcl0, then copy the files "gpc.c" and "gcp.h" into
/usr/src/oo_1.0.2_src/external/gpc.  Unfortunately, the Debian
packages include "gpc.h" but not "gpc.c".

I found the gpc package maintainer's website at
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/aig/staff/alan/software//index.html and
downloaded his package
( ftp://ftp.cs.man.ac.uk/pub/toby/gpc/gpc231.tar.Z ).
It included both "gpc.c" and "gpc.h". Once the two files were copied
into the proper directory, OOo-1.0.2 configured!

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!