Re: GPC files not found!

Hi ..

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 12:20:14PM -0500, Harold Crouch wrote:
>I downloaded the Openoffice 1.0.2 tarball over the weekend.  The
>configure step quickly comes to a screeching halt with the message
>"GPC files not found."  I did an "apt-cache search gpc" and gpc has to
>mean either "Gnu Pascal compiler" or "general polygon clipper."  I
>installed all the packages, even the ones that were *not* development
>packages.  I still get the same error message.

apt-cache search gpc gives me:
libgpcl-dev - A general polygon clipper library -- development package
libgpcl0 - A general polygon clipper library

But first, we are working for 1.0.2 as a debian-package, and second,
look to www.linux-debian.de/openoffice and look for patch
020_remove_gpc.diff, which will remove the dependency.
gpc is nonfree software, so we will not ship it with OpenOffice.org.

	Regards
			Jan
--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..