openoffice.org-debian/files

I do not know whether to report this as a bug against openoffice.org-debian-files or gnome-session, but it is a recurrent problem.

Everytime, you upload a new openoffice.org-debian-files package, you of course overwrite /usr/bin/openoffice

This script checks for the presence of gnome-session and if present unsets the session manager.

Uunfortunately when I look at my /proc/PID/exe link, it says

lrwxrwxrwx 1 trs trs 0 Dec 4 17:14 exe -> /usr/bin/gnome-session.dpkg-new (deleted)

I don't restart by gnome-session often, but after doing so once, the link seemed correct, but then gets changed by something to the link displayed above.

This link is not removable even by root.

At any rate, my short-term solution has been to comment out the if and fi statements and just unset the session manager, until the next upload of openoffice.org-debian-files which, as of late, has been quite frequent in sid.

I thought I would at least start with you guys.

Thanks

Tom

--
Thomas R. Shemanske
(Mailing Address)                  (Office/Internet Information)

Directions:  http://www.math.dartmouth.edu/~trs/choatehouse.html
Office hours:  http://www.math.dartmouth.edu/~trs/frontmatter/office.html