Oo doesn't start

  Here's a weird one.

  oowriter, for example, runs just fine when I run it as user wohler
  from display :0:

    [wohler@gbr:568]$ oowriter
    Gnome session manager detected - session management disabled
    [oowriter running here...]
    [C-q]
    [wohler@gbr:569]$

  However, when my wife runs it on her display on the same machine (user
  brintonl, display :1), oowriter quietly exits:

    [brintonl@gbr:424]$ oowriter
    Gnome session manager detected - session management disabled
    [There's a 5 second delay here, but the splash screen does NOT appear.]
    [brintonl@gbr:425]$

  Clearing up the local files doesn't help:

    [brintonl@gbr:419]$ rm .sversionrc
    [brintonl@gbr:420]$ rm -rf .openoffice/
    [brintonl@gbr:421]$ oowriter
    Gnome session manager detected - session management disabled
    running openoffice.org setup...
    Setup complete. Running openoffice.org...
    [brintonl@gbr:422]$ echo $?
    0

  I thought it might have have been the locale so I ensured that LC_ALL
  was en_US. Indeed, I copied my .bashrc into her directory, but to no
  avail.

  This is weird. Any suggestions? I tried running the wrappers with sh
  -x but they looked good. Are there any debugging options I can use?
  Any log files I can look at? Is there a lock file or permission
  problem?

  I'm running a testing system with the sid packages:

ii  openoffice.org 1.0.1-4        high-quality office productivity suite
ii  openoffice.org 1.0.1-3        openoffice.org office suite binary files
ii  openoffice.org 1.0.1-1        english_us files for openoffice.org

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!