OOo Installation won't run

Hello,

I am really struggling here. I have tried to install Openooffice on my sarge system, but I can't get it to work. I have tried both the testing and unstable version but both give the same results. The apt-get seems to work OK and I get the packacges installed on my system , but they just wont run properly. First I tried to run setup, something happened and a window opened, but it was just a blank white screen. Then I treid running Calc and it again opened a window this time with some toolbars in it but that was about it, most toolbars were the wrong size or messed up.
Please could someone suggest what might be wrong? Thanks, Ben Thompson.