openoffice crashes

Hi all,

I searched the list and the issue base but did not find anything that came close to my problem.

I installed the latest Debian package from the testing line and started openoffice. Everything went just fine until I type the first space character in the document. I can type any character w/o problem but the first space crashes the application.

I started the application again and tried to load an existing document. Boom.

I tried installing the unstable line (openoffice-1.0.1-4). Crashes, too.

Did anybody experience similar behavior?

My box is a Dell Inspiron 8200. It runs xfree86-4.1.0-17.

Thanks, tom
--
thomas quas        | "Art lies in the consciousness of doing the thing,
tquas@acm.org      |  in the attention of the happening[...]"