Re: OpenOffice.org package in a bad state in Debian?

Hi ..

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 05:30:30PM +0200, Chris Halls wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 10:38:08AM +0200, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
>> That is not good, but I have not a quit good solution for it, but we can
>> switch over to the next Upcoming release? Maybe.
>It is too early to switch the main packages over.  643 is much better
>technically: it has a macro recorder, PDF export, is much easier to build
>and deals with certain types of MSOffice documents better but the new
>features are not yet ready enough to be released to the masses - that will
>be several months from now.

is it right? Only developer version? It seems, that the relaese will be
sooner .. :)

So .. its time to work on them, too, so we can do a relaese with
OOo-team? :)

>> I pointed also out, that the wizards (File -> Autopilot) are not working
>> on any linux architecture... not on LinuxPPC and not on LinuxIntel, but
>> on Windows and MacOSX they are working.
>> I tried to debug it, but I had no change, I only got crashes ;(
>This is a problem of the Debian packages.  I have a workaround for this now.
>OOo is looking for the wizards in the directory
>/usr/lib/openoffice/share/template/wizard.  But they are in
>/usr/lib/openoffice/share/template/<lang>/wizard.  So you can get the
>wizards to work like this:
>
>cd /usr/lib/openoffice/share/template
>sudo ln -s <lang>/wizard

that helps ... thnx .. is it a error in our package or by upstream?

I have this error with the OOo tar.gz from Kevin, too ;(

	Regards
			Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..