Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:53:32 -0500
From: Travis Bauer <trbauer@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [discuss] Suggestions for next release of OpenOffice
To: discuss@openoffice.org

Craig Williamson (ENZ) (craig.williamson@ericsson.co.nz) wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> 	Things I would like to see in the next version of Openoffice.
>
> 	3.     The thing that annoys me the most is the lack of clipart
> available that you can download for use with OOo.  Most websites claim free
> clipart, that is until you want one.  I don't know how people would feel
> about giving up their IP (intellectual property), again the start of a free
> online clipart database for OOo/SO users would be good.  Another moot point
> would be the start of a free font database.  But again this might get shot
> down.

A couple of us have started a web site for collecting templates, macros,
clip art, and additional documentation.  We are putting together a package
distributed under GPL.  As it grows the idea is that you can either go to
the web site and download individual components or download the whole
collection as one large tarball.

The site is ready to go.  All we need is people to contribute.  If you have
some clip art you have created and would like to add it to the pool, please
drop me an email.  That goes for templates, macros, and additional documentation
as well.

It's at:

http://ooextras.sourceforge.net

--