What about localization support ?

Hello,

I would like to know if someone works on packaging the localization
extensions to OO. I would like to help on this point if some already looked
at this, and I may look alone if nobody is interessed.

Since I just subscribed to this list, I guess I should introduce myself. I'm
coordinator of the french translation team for debian, and also from the
Translation Project (where all FSF programm, but not only them, are
translated). But I'm not a registered debian devel.

My wife often use OO, and like it pretty much (she does not speak about
installing Win any more, yuhu).

I'm pretty curious about how translations are handeled in OO. It seems a
specific solution is used, instead of the plain good old gettext. Am I
right? do someone here knows why this choice was done ? I guess it's because
of java (java is only supported by the upcoming version of gettext), isn't
it?

I just contacted the group of french user of OO, let's see if they can
answer these questions...

Thanks for all, Mt.

--
Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did, we'd be running
around in darkened rooms, popping pills and listening to repetitive music.