GNOME/KDE integration

Hello there,

I yesterday installed openoffice.org 0.641d.cvs2002. Thanks to the
packagers for their effort!

There are still some flaws, this is what I noticed so far:

- The .desktop and .xpm files for KDE/Konqueror are missing. The
  directory from which the setup routine tries to copy them is NOT
  there. (should be /usr/lib/openoffice/share/kde )

- At least on my system (debian woody with KDE 2.2.2) $KDEHOME is
  ~/.kde, not ~/.kde2. I haven't changed this deliberatly, so I assume
  that this is the default for Debian. If I'm right, copying the (so
  far nonexistent) .desktop and .xpm files to .kde2 would be nonsensical

- The .desktop files for Gnome contain wrong paths both to the starter
skripts and to the program icons. This is, how
"/usr/lib/openoffice/share/gnome/mathdoc.desktop" looks like in
yesterday's OO-deb. Note the "Icon" and "Exec" lines:

[Desktop Entry]
Version=0.92
Encoding=Legacy-Mixed
Name[de]=OpenOffice.org Math
Name=OpenOffice.org Math
MultipleArgs=false
Name[en]=OpenOffice.org Math
Terminal=false
Icon=/usr/local/src/ooffice/openoffice.org-0.641d.cvs20020423/debian/tmp//usr/lib/openoffice/share/icons/ooo_math.png
Exec=/usr/local/src/ooffice/openoffice.org-0.641d.cvs20020423/debian/tmp//usr/lib/openoffice/program/smath
Type=Application
MimeType=application/vnd.sun.xml.math application/vnd.stardivision.math

Furthermore, as already has been mentioned on the list, a side-wide
installation into the various menus/MIME databases would be so much
better than OOs default local installation into the $HOME.

Besides that, I wonder if there is any way to switch OO's language (to
German, in my case). Does an OO build, unlike virtually any Un*x
program NOT support i18n and locale setting?

Johannes