Multiple workstation install; nis, nfs and so on

Hi,

first of all, thanks a lot for packaging openoffice.org

We are an italian public agency, microsoft free, using debian and
openoffice.org on our desktop (not so frequent in Italy :-( ).

Until now, I installed ooo manually in /opt/ooo on each workstation. The
directories /opt/ooo/share and /opt/ooo/user are shared with nfs from the
file server, as they contain the italian dictionary and the common templates.
The /home/* directories are shared with nfs/nis, too. The users file were
installed in ~/.ooo

After the new ooo deb came to life, I was wondering how to obtain a similar
result, with less effort, of course ;-) (hey, it's debian!)

So I am asking for some advices to the list:
1) Which directories should I share if I install the deb (to have the same
templates, same gallery on all the workstations)?
2) Will kde integration (icons, mimelnk, ...) be integrated in the package,
for example with a debian menu entry?
3) What about making a package with international dictionaries?
4) How to give all the new users the same initial settings?

I thank you once more for your invaluable effort on ooo, our daily job
depends on debian mantainers as you.

Best regards, Emanuele Gissi
--
Ing. Emanuele Gissi, PhD - Direttore Operativo
Agenzia per il Risparmio Energetico - SAVE Agency

"No one wakes up in the morning saying:
I want to consume 12kWh today." [HL Willis, 1996]