Re: OO almost works

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 01:42:19PM -0500, Oliver Xymoron wrote:
> But doing much of anything with many of the dialogs manage to make my X
> session freeze up while drawing inverted lines or boxes outside of the
> application window. Mouse responds very slowly and no sign of applications
> getting events.
>
> System is Debian/testing with XFree 4.1 as of this morning, with
> openoffice.org 0.641d.cvs20020423-1. Video is S3 Savage/IX-MV in a
> Thinkpad T22.

This is a known problem with XFree 4.1 S3 Savage driver.  You have these

    - export SAL_DO_NOT_USE_INVERT50=true
 or - Upgrade S3 driver (there is a website somewhere)
 or - Upgrade to XFree 4.2

I have a section like this in my .bashrc on my T20:

if [ "$DISPLAY" = ":0.0" ];then
    export SAL_DO_NOT_USE_INVERT50=true
fi

HTH,