Re: Here we go ..... again .... :)

Hi ..

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 05:04:52PM +0100, Bertram Bourdrez wrote:
>> 1. Peter runs out of space, he has no space anymore to build OpenOffice,
>> so (me is working on PPC) is there someone, who has time and space to
>> test building OpenOffice on IA32?
>I might be of help here, I'm about to buy a secondhand Mac which will run
>Debian in addition to OS X... any hints on what to get to be able to run OS
>X and build OpenOffice-on-Debian comfortably?

It is not difficult .. have a look at
people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html

>Plus, I have an Athlon 1000 with 320 MB and a ton of diskspace (once I burn
>most of the crap on the scratch partition :)

cool .. :)

>Both boxen are on the same 1 Mbit ADSL line, so we're good there.

fine ..

>> 2. all the patches for OpenOffice638c don't work at all. I have to make
>> new patches .. if some could and want help, he or she are welcome.
>>
>> 3. I have to build OpenOffice on PPC ... Ken ... can you help, are there
>> things, which I should look for?
>>
>> 4. I plan to build a website about OpenOffice in debian. This might help
>> to coordinate the work to integrate OpenOffice.
>>
>> 5. I have a patch from Peter to exclude Java. I could not check this
>> patch, whether it works, but it applies successfully ...
>> Ok .. I will work on exclude gpl and java from the builddepends.
>>
>> 6. I am working on OpenOffice641c ...
>
>I suppose it would be a good thing to pick an OpenOffice release and go with
>that, abandoning the Debian tradition of Debianizing every upstream CVS or
>interim release.

I agree ... so .. because, this is the current version, I will say, we
keep on working on that .. and will try to build it with gcc 2.95 ...

	OK?

	Regards

		Jan

--
One time, you all will be emulated by linux!

----
Jan- Hendrik Palic
Url:"http://www.billgotchy.de";
E-Mail: "palic@billgotchy.de"