Re: missing libsal (SOLVED)

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 12:44:26AM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Anyway, to resolve these occuring problems it would help to add/remove
> /usr/lib/openoffice/program to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig during
> post{inst,rm}.

Eeh, the reason for keeping all these libs off the system path is that
upstream don't care about names or clashes or proper versioning.  That all
needs work doing first.  Once that is complete, the solution is to put the
libs in /usr/lib, not to go messing with ldconfig.

For now, we are treating these libraries as private to OOo and not trying to
maintain the standards needed for proper shared libraries.

If there is enough demand for regcomp in the meantime, why not make a
wrapper script for /usr/bin instead?