Re: OpenOffice.org new unstable packages available for testing

Hi,

Actually you can technically use gcc 2.95.X and later with OOo
under PPC Linux but I build with gcc 3.1.1 or later due to bug fixes
and things that are needed.

I do not recommend building with gcc 3.0.X under PPC Linux at all.

But the bridge code and things still exist if someone wants to try
building with gcc 2.95.4 but since neither Jan or I build with that
gcc version anymore, you might run into some build difficulties
that you would have to work around.

You can also simply use the pre-built OOo 1.0.1 binary available
directly from the OOodownload page in a section with locations
for ppc links (check out penguinppc.org for example).

That binary should install and work well on Debian as it does on
most other PPC Linux distributions but please note it does not have
Debian specific packaging changes in it.

Kevin