Re: OOo and PDF

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 18:33, Greg C. Madden wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 04:05, Jerome Warnier wrote:
> > I've tried several times to print document to files as PDF.
> > It seems the resulting file is a PostScript file, not a PDF, but with
> > the .pdf extension.
> >
> > Anyone else having the problem or already fixed it?

I print to PDF all the time.  I have found best results if I go into
spadmin and create a new printer.

Select "Connect a PDF Converter".
Choose the "Adobe Distiller" driver.
Select the command in the list, i.e.:
/usr/bin/gs -q -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile="(OUTFILE)" -
(that's all on one line, but it should all be there and you just need to
select it).

Obviously you need ghostscript installed for this to work.

The "Adobe Distiller" driver seems to give best results - much cleaner
text than the "Default" driver.

Since the postscript output from OpenOffice is piped into 'gs' it is
likely that gs would output this postscript without modification if some
command-line options were wrong, or possibly if you didn't have the
appropriate parts for PDF production on your system.

Regards,
					Andrew.