Re: OOo and PDF

Hi Jerome,

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 02:05:47PM +0200, Jerome Warnier wrote:
> I've tried several times to print document to files as PDF.
> It seems the resulting file is a PostScript file, not a PDF, but with
> the .pdf extension.

From your description, I'm not sure how you are doing this - there are
a few ways.  I know of these:

 - In the print dialog, select "print to file" and select PDF as filetype.
   I haven't used this a great deal myself, but it does work for me. I think
   I heard that the driver is fairly low quality so the output PDF is not
   full quality.

 - Use a printer to create a postscript file and use ghostscript to convert
   to PDF

 - If you have kprint, use the printer admin tool to create a printer
   using a good quality postscript driver, and send it to the command line
   'kprinter --stdin', which lets you choose a destination, including PDF
   assuming you have such a queue.

Build 643 (latest developer release) does have an Export to PDF option,
which is supposed to produce good quality.  I haven't tried it out although
I have seen it on the menu.  No, I don't know when that will get into the
next stable release :(