Re: typo error

Hi Torsten,
hi all

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 12:00:38PM +0200, Torsten Werner wrote:
>On Tuesday, 2002-09-10 at 10:13:59 AM (+0200), Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
>> we are now using the official unofficial debian-packages [1]from
>> Torsten Werner, libstlport Maintainer, to build OpenOffice.org. There
>> were some changes to our highly unofficial debian-packages of
>> libstlport.
>>
>> The problem is now, that Chris Halls builded OpenOffice.org againts
>> Torsten's libstlport packages, but they are older for apt-get, so
>> apt-get will not automaticly install the newer libstlport. We used
>> different versioning for our unofficial libstlport packages to
>> Torsten's official unofficial packages.
>>
>> To solve that, please grap Torsten's libstlport packages from:
>> http://ftp.freenet.de/pub/ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice/pool/main/stlport/
>>
>> and then reinstall OpenOffice.org.
>>
>> Then the problem, that libstlport_gcc_3.0.so.4.5 isn't found, should
>> be solved!
>
>For having some extra fun I can tell you that Debian revision -3 of
>stlport never got installed into the ftp archive. I have uploaded a new
>version -4 that does not support g++-3.2 (aka openoffice) any more. The
>g++-3.2 transition is planned when a policy for the transition is
>published.

why ... why ... ?

Why is it not possible, to upload a stlport package splitted up into
packages for the standardcompiler (gcc-2.95) and the new standard
compiler (gcc-3.2).
OpenOffice.org needs a stlport with gcc-3.2 compiled, because, we have
to use libstlport4.5 and OpenOffice.org is not buildable with gcc-2.95
and libstlport4.5.
The only solution we have then is to use libstlprt4.0, which is not in debian
yet.

So ...  is there a point in the policy that disallow uploading
libstlport4.5 packages compiled with gcc-2.95 _and_ gcc-3.2?

	Regards
			Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..