Re: Some parts of langpacks not working

Hey .. Martin ..

what do I have to read from you ;(

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 10:00:47AM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
>The bad news is that I discovered cross over office from code weaver. So, I
>now use MS office under linux, and I desinstalled openoffice. I'm sorry, but
>I can't help you anymore with it.

that are really bad news . We have all less time, but this is evil and
to with MS Office under Linux is the worst case, I can remember ;(

>The story is that my script do not write the right config file in
>.openoffice/setup.ins To do it right, one would have to actually parse that
>file and change only the right entries. For now, I do some sed'ing, but
>that's not suffisant. You'll have to do a native installation (using the
>localized tarballs from upstream), do a debian install (using the .deb),
>diff'ing between the setup.ins resulting in both case, and change the debian
>script so that this difference become null.

But thanx for this hint ..

>But as I said, sed is not enough for that, you'll have to do a perl script,
>which can parse the file and modify only some entries. The one stolen from
>mandrake to parse the available languages (sorry, I forgot its name) is a
>good candidate for it, but you'll also have to modify it a bit so that it
>can do the work.

ok ..

>Once again, sorry for not being able to do that, and good luck for the
>future.

Thnx, but for you too .. :) I wish you the best for your future ...
But I hope, we will see us in debian-oo some time, just to see, how it
is going? :)

	Regards

		Jan
--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..