Gnome 2.0/Nautilius OO integration solved!!!

    In case anyone else is running Gnome 2.0 under debian sid,
I discovered the trick to getting OpenOffice files recognized
properly under Nautilius. With the current openoffice.org 1.0.1-3
packages you will find Nautilius can recognize openoffice files
by their extensions and displays the appropriate icons on them.
However you can't launch these documents directly into openoffice.
The reason is that gnome-vfs 2.0 is preset to use openoffice via
a 'ooffice' command. All you need to do is create a symlink for
this as follows...

ln -s /usr/bin/openoffice /usr/bin/ooffice

..and this will enable Nautilius to properly launch these files
into OpenOffice under Gnome 2.0. Without this symlink, when you
select the file and right click, the 'Open with' submenu will
not show an OpenOffice.org entry. With this symlink, it appears
and OpenOffice is the default on its own filetypes automatically.
    We should definitely add this 'ooffice' symlink to the next
debian build of openoffice so we can have seemless integration
with Gnome 2.0. Note that is this unlikely to ever work with
Gnome 1.4 because the gnome-vfs in 1.4 has problems correctly
detecting the filetype of openoffice files. This is because it
associates these files with zip in error. This problem has been
fixed in Gnome 2.0 but is unlikely to ever be backported to
Gnome 1.4.
                      Jack