Re: [announce] 1.0.1-1 for i386 is out

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 11:28, Chris Halls wrote:
> OpenOffice.org Version 1.0.1-1 is now uploaded to the OOo 'unstable'
> repository for i386.  Jan will upload the PowerPC package fairly soon,
> and
> the mirrors will sync within 24 hours.
Top stuff installed here no problem. Thanks again to you all.

> A note about the desktop integration:  I use KDE, and this seems to be
> working well.  I know there are problems with GNOME applications still -
> Jan
> tells me the menu entries are not in the right place, and the Gnome
> helper
> settings don't work for e.g. Galeon - so if you want this fixed please
> tell
> me how :) - I don't have sufficient disk space at the moment to install
> it
> myself.
Changes required for the gnome menus.

Currently all the OOo entries are in /usr/share/gnome/apps/net and this
will cause them to come up under the net category for gnome 1.4(not
checked) and under  Other for Gnome 2.

I suggest the following.

1. Moving the .desktop files to the dir
/usr/share/gnome/apps/Applications and renaming them as starting with
OOo so textdoc.desktop becomes OOo-textdoc.desktop to avoid confusion.
2. Move the setup.desktop and printeradmin.desktop to
/usr/share/gnome/apps/Settings/ and also adding the OOo- prefix.
3. Adding the following lines to the files so they are properly handled
by gnome2.

OOo-setup.desktop:
	Categories=Settings
OOo-printeradmin.desktop
	Categories=Settings
OOo-textdoc.desktop
	Categories=Application;Office;WordProcessor
OOo-spreadsheet.desktop
	Categories=Application;Office;Spreadsheet
OOo-mathdoc.desktop
	Categories=Application;Office;EquationEditor
OOo-presentation.desktop
	Categories=Application;Office;Presentation
OOo-drawing.desktop
	Categories=Application;Graphics;Drawing

I think that that should work.

john