Re: Problems with OpenOffice.org and gcc-3.1 on PowerPC and perhaps on intel, too! [was: kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca: [dev] question on cppuhelper throwException and double TYPELIB_DANGER_RELEASE]

Hi Jack ..

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 08:12:08PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
>   The patch that I have for libgcc-compat causes the code to be built
>with or without gcc-3.1 being used for the build. If you are finding
>that soffice fails due to an illegal instruction, you might try rebuilding
>glibc 2.2.5 under gcc 2.95.4 and see if that causes the symbols to be
>resolved. I am going to give that a try right now and see if it helps.
>If it does provide a solution we can just ask Ben Collins to use
>the libgcc-compat patch the next time he does a gcc 2.95.4 build of
>glibc 2.2.5 and that should resolve the problems.

you can find the lib I use at
http://bourbaki.math.uni-kiel.de/~jpalic/debian/pool/main/l/libc6/

it is usally build with the gcc-2.95 I only added three patches for PPC
(allready mailed BenC).

	Regards
		Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..