Re: [dev] Problems building OOO_STABLE_1 with libzlib

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 02:58:31PM -0400, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:
>Something is messed up here.  I don't need to make that change at all.
>I searched for "zlib.h" and found it as follows:
>./solver/641/unxlngppc.pro/inc/external/zlib/zlib.h

Ok then, but you have to put #include <zlib/zlib.h> instead of
#include "zlib/zlib.h", because, the compiler is searching on the wrong
place then ..

>It is delivered there by the new zlib module which has a prj/d.lst line
>which says:
>..\%__SRC%\inc\zlib.h %_DEST%\inc%_EXT%\external\zlib\zlib.h
>and I think one of the include lines should be pointing there for the
>zcodec compile.

I have to look after this, but then, the include with " " will fail,
too, no?

>Are you sure you have checked out the new "zlib" module (zlib is no longer
>built in external anymore but instead in its own module).

I build a fully OOO_STABLE_1 checked out from cvs few minutes ago.

>It should build be built and delivered before tools and all should work as
>is I believe.

In the bootstrap .. ? Hmm I think, I have a look!

>You should not need that change.

I attached the patch, I use currently, but that is awfull to be
required. I will see, if this work without that pactch.

>Also be careful libz is statically linked in a number of places so you want
>the one that is built in its own module (i..e in the zlib module) with the
>proper -fPIC and not a system level one.

	Thnx and Regards

		Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..