Open Office problems

Debian 3.0
Kernel 2.4.18
KDE
Mozilla 0.9.9
OpenOffice 1.0

Last week, I essentially added fonts in order to be able to print in Russian. After which, I noticed the following problem with OpenOffice. The entire menu panel as well as all the drop down menus (fonts, font size, location) have been reduced in height to about 1 cm. That is to say, they cannot be used effectively.

Does anyone have any idea why this occurred and how to correct it?

I removed all my font changes hoping that would iradicate the problem, but it didn't. So, I reinstalled (uninstalled first) Open Office hoping that would fix the problem, but it didn't, as well.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Curtis